Terms & Conditions
CONFIRMING YOUR SAFARI
(This is only a summary of the main points of our Terms & Conditions of the Safari Event. A full version will be sent to you prior to confirming your event.)
Hayward’s is a rare and privileged grand safari opportunity that offers a limited amount of safari events per annum. It is therefore imperative that you ensure your grand safari is booked in the following way to maximise the performance of the event.
1. PROJECT QUOTES / COST ESTIMATIONS – An initial safari event cost estimation will be sent to you once we have a full and clear understanding of the event you wish to hold and the budgets you have set aside for such an event.
A Presentation will be sent to you electronically that shows a detailed overview of the event and its schedule. Project fees vary depending on your final requirements, activities, entertainment and date of confirmation.
It is advisable to confirm your reservation with Hayward’s first and foremost.
The finer details of the event such as activities, artists, entertainment, etc can be handled once your confirmation of the Hayward’s venue is officially confirmed as per the required procedure.
2. After you have perused our SAFARI PRESENTATION with Cost Estimates and proposed itinerary and requested additional requirements or changes we will furnish a SAFARI CONFIRMATION which on acceptance must be signed by the responsible person with their official order number. Hayward’s takes no responsibility for misrepresentation by agents to their clients as regards our costing, inclusions, exclusions and any other items relevant to the safari event.
3. It is preferable if the actual client (End User) studies and signs our TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SAFARI AND INDEMNITY as set out in a separate document that will be sent to you on acceptance of THE SAFARI CONFIRMATION. Hayward’s and the holding company Secluded Country Lodges (Pty) Ltd cannot be held liable for any misinterpretation by any client or his/her duly appointed agent if they have not been aware or party to reading our Terms and Conditions of Safari and we cannot be held responsible for final safari presentation if event confirmation deadlines are not met.
4. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of our Official Safari Confirmation is required to confirm the event. With signed acceptance of our Terms & Conditions of Safari and the Safari Confirmation document the reservation will stand for ten working days to allow time to get the deposit arranged which must conform to our safari production deadlines as laid out in the Safari Terms & Conditions and Safari Confirmation.
PRE SAFARI PRODUCTION MEETING
Once Official Safari Event Confirmation has been accepted and signed by the client or his appointed agent, Mr Peter Hayward, (Founder and Executive Director or his duly appointed representative or associate), will arrange for a time that suits you, to discuss the finer details of this safari event and ways in which to enhance the experience.
This will include the proposed safari region, all it has to offer, ideas on food and beverages, artists and entertainment and scientific facilitation by experienced specialists.
All payments are made via Secluded Country Lodges (Pty) Ltd – holding company of Hayward’s Grand Safari Company..
- Individual guest payments carry a surcharge.
- 50% non refundable deposit is required in order to confirm the reservation of Hayward’s.
- As your decisions on activities, entertainment, speakers (outside suppliers) are made, a 50% non refundable deposit will be required for this section as well.
- Full pre-payment is required minimally 30 working days prior to the start of your safari which should include the agreed upon Safari Confirmation price and which shall further include activities you require as well as artist accommodation, transport i.e. full finalised project price covering all aspects of your itinerary.
- If payments are not made to Secluded Country Lodges at the time specified – then Hayward’s are entitled to cancel the event with no refunds of deposits paid or provide a safari of lesser proportion to carry out the logistics in the shortened time available.
- Depending on the time frame of a postponement of a confirmed safari, we will consider forwarding portions of deposits to a future safari date. This is at the sole discretion of management of Secluded Country Lodges (Pty) Ltd.
Any postponement longer than 3 months is deemed an outright cancellation.
Whether payments have been received or are still pending, the following cancellation fees will apply once your signed acceptance has been received:
- 50% of full project (including activities and artists) if cancelling after signed Safari Confirmation.
- 75% of the total project price will be payable if cancelling within 3 months of the safari event.
- 100% of the project price will be payable if cancelling within 45 DAYS of the safari event.
We look forward to being of Grand Safari service by ensuring that we deliver an award winning event of dynamic proportions to you and your VIP group.